So special to make this trip with this two important girls in my life. A girls weekend is the best.. Laugh, drink wine, hanging by the pool, visit markets and get all dressed up!
We stayed in a apartment near Platja d'aro and rent a car, so we can make a day trip to the beautiful city: Barcelona!
Some places I recommend in Platja d'Aro:
- Restaurant Friends Lounge at the ocean. Nice quotes at the toilet, awesome to see and good food!
- Restaurant Pebre Y Sal - excellent food in the middle of the center
- Market every friday at the center of Platja d'aro
- Shopping center of Platja d'aro
- Beach and all the restaurants & beach bars at this place!
Google maps hotspots Platja d'Aro
Day trip to beautiful Barcelona! You can do so many things here. Barcelona is the home of many World Heritage Sites by Unesco; Park Guell, Casa Mila, Sagrada Familia and Casa Battlo. All even beautiful to see.
Remarkable is the work of architect Antoni Gaudi, which can be seen throughout the city!
Make a stop at Camp Nou (FC Barcelona) it's nice to see!
For more pictures; check out my gallery!
The best thing you can do to discover Barcelona is to take the Hop-on Hop-off bus for only 28 euro. Hop on the Barcelona bus and discover all the highlights that make this city so special. The open-top double decker bus will take you everywhere. Hop-on and off as many times you want between the three tour routes at 44 locations.
Below you can find the road map of the Hop-on Hop-off bus. You can download it. We take both lines to see the whole city in one day!
A must see in Barcelona; The Mercat de la Boqueria, is a large public market with an entrance from La Rambla. The market has a very diverse selection of goods. So colorful!
After stroll the market, you can drink something at Cafe La Virreina. A nice place with live music/entertainment and good drinks. This place is great!
Farggi Cafe at the center is also a nice place to drink something!
Other things I recommend:
- Rent a bike (Vodafone bicing at the place de Catalunya)
- Visit Camp Nou (FC Barcelona)
- Visit Park Guell (Unesco) and take a breathtaking picture with a view of Barcelona
- Visit Sagrada Familia (Unesco)
- Take the hop-on hop-off bus at the Placa de Catalunya and make different stops anytime you want
- La Rambla; just walk this 1,2 kilometeres long street
Google maps hotspots Barcelona
Photo Gallery Plaja d'aro & Barcelona